Saturday, August 14, 2010

Saturday, August 14, 2010

I haven't posted in a few days. Not had a particularly wonderful week because of severe allergies (and a little asthma issue thrown in). Just not at my best. However, these have been many bright spots. My Mother's surgery went well and, as of last night, has been moved into a Rehab facility. I felt doubtful that she was just be discharged back to her home. Back surgery isn't just a "little" thing. I want to thank everyone that gave good wishes and promises of prayers for her.

My commitment to the gym has still held. I will finish this post then go change into my "sweat" clothes. The severe aversion to gyms and sweat hasn't changed, however! I REALLY don't like it one single bit, BUT, dang it (1!), I will get this poundage down

After gym torture, I am going to the movies with my buds, Sally and Julie. We are going to see "Eat, Pray, Love" with Julie Roberts. Looking forward to that. Should be a fun afternoon. Buddy is off playing 18 holes over at Cobblestone Park. I KNOW he is enjoying his day! Back in my nursing days, I used to work with a wonderful Doctor, Heyward Fouche. I adored that man. He always said, "Sugar, it never rains on the golf course." Every Wednesday, rain or shine, he was at the golf course! Buddy has adopted that attitude. Nothing comes between he and his golf. I'm glad. It's very good for him.

I spent some time this morning looking at some travel ideas. Buddy and I will celebrate our 30th Anniversary soon and I think we need a wonderful, amazing, romantic, and memorable trip. Any ideas? We'll probably end up right here in good ol Columbia, but . . . dreaming of something much better.

Regarding m.d. Skin . . . I had some lovely new clients this past week. One sweet lady had obvious rosacea, so I treated accordingly. We completed, she was amazed and said, "I have never left a facial without my face blood red". I didn't use any heat and treated with special serum. She was delighted. I think that was a new client, homerun.

Then, a new client, but not new acquaintance, enjoyed all the massage that came along with her facial. Great candidate for microdermabrasion. She will undergo the series after her kids are settled back in school. She will see GREAT results - guaranteed!

Of course I had a week of returning clients for various treatments. One said she looked forward to coming to me like looking forward to a vacation. Now that was a nice compliment!

Still thinking (and praying) about adding massage. The trouble is finding the right match. I so love the people that are a part of our building - the fabulous and talented hair peeps at Sabre Hair Art and the best nail talent I think I have ever seen with THE PERFECT TEN - personality, integrity and talent of any new person is vital! Of course, neatness/cleanliness of their work space PLUS personal/professional appearance is a huge concern. So . . . I guess that means I would want the entire package in a certified, licensed massage therapist. Where does one go to find that? When it's right, the right person will come along.

Looking at the clock, I see I am procrastinating the gym. I'll quit writing now and just get it done. I do have Julia Roberts to look forward to. So . . . this is just another day in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Spa 131  news & updates January 2021  | Monthly Specials Be sure to check our on-line menu to see our specials each month. January 202...