Monday, August 23, 2010

Marvelous Monday – 8/23/2010

Mondays are my personal days.  Everybody needs one.  Saturday my husband is pulling me in his direction – whatever that might be.  Sunday is out of session – church, family and so forth.  But Monday, even though it is household chore day, I claim it as “mine.”  Today it was.

keurig6 I didn’t sleep well last night and planned to sleep late.  At 7 o’clock, as usual, my eyes pop wide open and there is nothing to do but go ahead and get up.  Coffee, (Oh my Keurig, – if you don’t have one, you really, really should) and the newspaper.  Lazy and slow

Dressed in my gym clothes and took clean laundry to the shop.  Since I had FUN FRIDAY offering $7 brow wax, waxing was all I did. On waxing days like that I strip my table so had to makeup the bed.  Aaaand, that’s about all the work I did.

therapeutic-massage Off to the gym with Sally.  We did our usual workout, walked our typical mile and called it a day.  I had an important appointment.  A massage!  Yes!  I was the very first person to purchase the Deal Mobs massage offer August 9th.  I gotta tell you . . . it was terrific!  Candy Pennington of FRAME WORKS (inside the Brick House Gym) is really, really strong.  She worked me over, I tell you!  Her specialty is Deep Tissue, Neuromuscular Sports Massage.  Wow!  She got into places . . . oooo boy!  I HIGHLY recommend Candy.  Her number is 803-603-5602.  Call her if you’re serious about muscle aches..

I’m going to work on getting Buddy committed to trying her. Poor old man (tee hee hee)!  He ices himself down every single night.  I’m not kidding.  No way is he going to give up tennis nor golf, but every time he plays, he pays!  I think Ms. Candy can help.  I’ll let you know.

That’s about all the good stuff I have to tell today.  The rest of the afternoon was dedicated to washing the dogs, cleaning THAT up and just general house stuff.  Not too much fun.

I did, however, commit to my first little advertising campaign.  I will be featured on SOCIAL COLUMBIA (http://www.socialcolumbia.com) for the next two weeks.  If you go there and book your appointment for a facial before August 31st, click on the “Book Now” tab and write in the memo section “I saw this on Social Columbia” you’ll get a $20 discount off the regular facial price.

Bret-Michaels-SF My plans for tonight are to watch the Miss Universe Pageant.  Bret Michaels is hosting.  I think that will be fun.  I’m so glad he isn’t suffering any obvious ill effects from his run-in earlier this year.  Never was much of a fun of his till then.  Now I kinda admire him.  Got a better picture of him through his time on The Apprentice.

I sure would love to have feedback from you on this and other blogs I have written.  In addition, if there is any subject matter that you would like me to write about, please let me know.  I want to provide interesting, timely and valuable information.  Tell me what interests you, preferably regarding skin care, make up and your personal overall wellbeing.

For this day in my life, I took time for my personal wellbeing.  I hope you’ll plan on doing that, too.  . 

2 comments:

  1. I always read and enjoy your blogs, but sometimes I have problems posting comments on them. It is me, I am sure. Enjoyed the blog about removing makeup every night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting posts! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

  Spa 131  news & updates January 2021  | Monthly Specials Be sure to check our on-line menu to see our specials each month. January 202...