Friday, April 22, 2011

How often should one get a facial?


I had a client the other day that came to see me because she was concerned about the texture of the skin on her face. She had been seeing another Aesthetician for weekly exfoliating facials, spent a ton of money on recommended products and was not very happy with the results. I wondered if she was undergoing a series of specific treatments and she said, “No. This is what my Aesthetician told me I needed.” Yikes! I don’t want to say that this skin care professional was just trying to make money off this client but really question what the deal was for her. This specific client was getting the exact opposite of desired results!


There MAY be reasons to have weekly visits to your Aesthetician. If you are undergoing a series like chemical peels, microdermabrasions and the like, they do require weekly and even sometime twice weekly visits. If you have acne or a lot of blackheads, whiteheads, or maybe even experiencing hormonal changes in your skin, weekly visits may not be too much until you see improvement. Typically, however, monthly visits are ideal. At minimum, I suggest that you visit your skin care professional on a quarterly basis. That is just 4 times each year, every three months.

This is not to say I wouldn’t like to have you in my spa room more frequently. There are so many treatments that one can benefit from: From airbrush tanning, to waxing, to non-surgical facelifts. I refer to my practice as “personalized” skin care. Each client is treated individually. There will be no “cookie cutter” service at m.d. Skin!
Like my new clients complexion, over exfoliation from incorrect treatments and/or products can lead to dry, red or irritation rather than smooth and healthy. I will be happy to provide free consultation and make suggestions on the best treatment plan for you. My goal is smoother, silkier, glowing skin and a long term, happy relationship!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Spa 131  news & updates January 2021  | Monthly Specials Be sure to check our on-line menu to see our specials each month. January 202...