Saturday, August 7, 2010

Saturday, August 6, 2010

Every year on Tax Free Weekend Saturday I "get to" work at Best Mattress. It's the busiest sales day there and I write up orders, take payments, answer the phone and any other "gopher" things that need to be done. It's funny to me that the "regulars" there expect me to remember exactly what I did the previous year and how I did it. Not think, "oh, she's been busy for 52 weeks since the last time she was here and might need me to take just a minute and refresh her." Ohhh no . . . do I really have 3 heads when I ask a simple question???

Actually, it's not too bad. Kinda fun really. I get to meet a whole new set of people. It's always interesting to find out why they are there. Why they decided that they want/need a new mattress. New house? Guest room? Bad back? Not sleeping well? etc. etc. etc. Of course, back-to-school means USC students needing new mattresses - always. This year, we saw lots of families in the store. The last people I overheard as I was leaving were purchasing for a new mountain house. Cool! Wish I had one of those, don't you?

When I got back home this afternoon I sat down to catch up on emails and found that I might have hurt someone's feelings unintentionally. If it's you then I am very sorry.

I just purchased a pocket USB video camera from Overstock.com. I just love looking through their stuff. Anyway, it was suggested to me that I make short videos of my business stuff and post. Things like client testimony, little proceedures, special events (might have to do some of those) and anything else that people might be interested in. So . . . that's what we're going to try and do. Stay tuned and check them out.

Having mentioned that, I finally saw a little video of the Social Columbia 2nd annual get together that Buddy and I attended last week. He and I both were interviewed about our businesses and both did a pretty good job, I think. However (and that's a BIG however), I was motifield when I saw how gigantic I looked. Cameras don't lie! I am F-A-T! Good thing I joined Tri-City Leisure Center last week. Commitment here!!!! Really!!! I actually went this morning BEFORE I saw that video. Now that I've seen it I am determined to get 10 or 15 pounds off my behind . . . and everywhere else that needs to trim down. I'll post on how that's going as well. Anyone else with me?

Kinda just rambling here, so . . . this is just another day in the life!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your workouts. I will see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. marci, seriously, i didn't think the video looked a whole lot like you. remember, the camera adds 10+ lbs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim . . . That's the problem! I DIDN'T look like I thought I did. Yikes! If that video added 10+ lbs then I need to loose 20!

    ReplyDelete

  Spa 131  news & updates January 2021  | Monthly Specials Be sure to check our on-line menu to see our specials each month. January 202...