Monday, April 27, 2020
Saturday, April 25, 2020
Wednesday, April 22, 2020
Thursday, April 16, 2020
My Friends, If you’re like me, you are probably feeling like this crisis is lasting forever and you might be feeling like the entire world is caving in right on top of you. I’ve been experiencing emotions like never before. Not gonna lie, I’ve had some pretty bleak, dark thoughts over the past several days. I’m trying hard to snap out of it and knowing that one day soon(ish), we will all be at our “New Normal”. I hope that includes seeing us again at Spa 131. My plan forecasting is that folks are going to need our services more than ever. Stress is a big health hazard and we have the cure!!!
In the mean time, I’ve been seeking more home remedies to share with you. It’s not easy to relax when the worries of the world are so overwhelming. Here are 3 simple things you can do right at home without spending a single cent!
First is giving yourself the benefit of a simple yoga pose that can really calm your nerves, while at the same time relaxing your tense body. It’s called, “Legs-Up-The- Wall.” Simply lay on the floor and extend your legs up against the wall. A pillow, or rolled-up towel or blanket can be tucked under your neck or lower back for a little extra comfort. Lie this way for at least five minutes. Close your eyes and breathe slowly and deeply, and feel the tension in your ankles, calves, knees and thighs release. It’s really simple yet kinda amazing! Try it . . . really. Let me know how much better you feel after 5 or 10 minutes! Get the family involved in doing this, too. Everyone needs stress relief . . . or excuse yourself to your room and enjoy the personal peace and relaxation this provides.
Second tip is giving yourself a little mini facial treat. Do you have a toner or a facial mist? Good. Get it out. Don’t have any? I can sell you one via our drive-up service. But . . . Here’s how to make a quick, simple solution: Mix 1/3 parts of Apple Cider Vinegar and 2/3 water. Add 5 drops each of Lavender and Frankincense Oils (or whatever essential oils you might have on hand) Use a clean glass container and be sure that you have thoroughly washed your hands before mixing! Find your favorite soothing, spa-like music and turn it on to set the mood. Get out your cotton pads/squares, gauze, or, at worse case, some paper towels. Soak them in your toner and apply to your freshly cleansed face. Lie down for 10-15 minutes somewhere that you can get some quiet time. Think beautiful Spa 131 thoughts and let that simple mask work its magic! When you’re ready to return to reality, remove the mask and toss in the garbage. Pat in the remaining moisture then apply your favorite moisturizer right on top. You’ll really enjoy this if you’ve been experiencing the effects of our beautiful South Carolina pollen. I have seasonal allergies and this is very soothing to my tender nose.
Finally, turn your shower into a lovely aromatherapy chamber! Of all the places in your home where you can absolutely have a few minutes of alone time and tranquility, your shower is the best! Warm water is so relaxing to our tense muscles and adding some fragrant lavender, eucalyptus, rosemary or peppermint sprigs can be outstanding, If you are fortunate enough to have access to a bundle of this fresh greenery, you are set. Bundle it together and hang from your shower head. Most people, however, will not have these growing in their yards (that only exists in my dreams!). So, hopefully you do have Lavender Essential Oils. It’s so easy to add about 20 drops of your favorite essential oil onto a washcloth, loofah or cotton balls. Place it onto the shower floor so that the water will not directly beat down on it, but rather more like gently graze it. Turn that water up as hot as possible to gather steam. Once it’s nice and steamy, turn the water to your desired temperature and enjoy. Don’t put those delicious oils directly on the floor of the shower for two reasons. 1) it’s dangerous! It would make the shower floor slippery and you could fall! 2) You don’t want to waste it, as it would quickly run down the drain without giving you one bit of benefit!
So, I hope you can experience these simple tips to help you relax and perhaps gain a more peaceful state of mind.
The past several days, I’m reading social media posts more and more about the mental stress we all are feeling. I’m with you! Please know that you can reach out to me any time. Do you need to chat? I’m here. I’ve been thinking about hosting a ZOOM Meet-up for anyone that just wants to join in to feel apart of community. Are you interested in that? Reply to this post and let me know the best day and time. I’ll schedule it. Pour yourself your favorite beverage - hot tea, refreshing water, wine - I’ll not judge. We can talk about anything! I sure do hope you’ll be interested. I feel the need to see your beautiful faces!!! Don’t know how to ZOOM? I’ll send you an invite and walk you through it.
Remember, how special you are! We WILL get through this and we are so much stronger together! Now, do me this one favor . . . take your right hand and place it on your left shoulder. Take your left hand and place it on your right shoulder. Now squeeze tight. This is a BIG HUG from me to you!
131 State Street
West Columbia, SC 29169
I’m really thinking we will be open back up by May 1st. I’m going to open up our online booker with a sense of positivity. If we have to reschedule, we will just do that. Go ahead and make an appointment with all the best intentions. You know how clean and sanitary we are plus we are adding another layer to our healthy protection procedures.
Put down those tweezers right now! Lisa is excited and looking forward to working on those overgrown brows and other overgrown “places!”
My precious Spa Friends,
I’ve completely lost all track of time. How many days has it been? I just told someone the other day that March seemed to last 4 years and now here we are in April. I am having severe Spa WITHDRAWALS!!!! Please tell me that you are missing me like I’m missing you. My new theme song is from The Little Mermaid. “I wanna be where the people are!!!”
Having said that, I have been staying busy without going to the spa and seeing guests.
* Cleaned Closets
* Started my Hay Bale Garden for a harvest of fresh veggies
* Started making Face Shields for our health care workers
* AND, of course, face masking myself as much as possible.
If you need any tips on the following, I’m your girl . . .
* Instructions of rearranging your closet (just purge, my friends. If you haven’t worn it in a year, you’re not going to!)
* DIY beauty recipes
* DIY martini - - - I’m calling it the Quarantini. Who am I kidding. It’s red wine in a fancy glass.
* How to survive this with humor (it’s good for your immune system. No need to say more!)
During these long days, I encourage you to make time for laughter, self-care, and try to get outside every single day. We know laughing releases endorphins and this beautiful Carolina Sunshine, energizes and reinvigorates the soul. I’ve said before that if you are feeling alone or just need an uplifting word, do not hesitate to reach out. While we may not be able to be together for a few more weeks, your well being is important to me and want to help you in any way that I can.
I’m attaching a little fun Spa 131 Bingo. Play along and win some goodies when we are all back together. Everyone that plays and wins will get a free upgrade at your return visit. Share with someone that you think would enjoy a teeny little diversion. If you want to be EXTRA, post online (Insta, FB, Pinterest, etc). I’ll adore you for that!
If your skin is starting to show the signs of stress, let me know. I am working on a new on-line store right now. BUT, I will be happy to either ship to you for a $7 flat rate OR we will meet you at the Spa for drive-up pickup. You never even have to hand me your credit card. While you’re there, we will speak on the phone and I will manually enter the payment information in our machine. I will sign “Phone Order” and you’ll get a receipt via text or email. Your choice. I’ll bring your skincare products out to your car. Couldn’t be easier.
Now . . . it’s your turn!!!!! What have you been up to? How are you adjusting to this new normal? Reply to this email and please entertain me!!! I need to hear from you!!!
Here’s to Staying Safe at Home and looking forward to better days and seeing you soon!
Sending Hugs over the airways!!!
Marci and Team
Andina, Lisa, Melanie, Michele
131 State Street
West Columbia, SC 29169
The first 3 words you see will be the first 3 things you’ll do when this is over
Thursday, April 9, 2020
Wednesday, April 8, 2020
Monday, March 30, 2020
Sunday, March 29, 2020
Monday, March 23, 2020
Hello Beautiful Friend,
I want to see how you are navigating today so I am checking in. During this time, there is a lot of uncertainty, but try to remember that social distancing doesn’t have to mean social isolating. It’s an opportunity to be present with our loved ones, organize, do a little spring cleaning and get outside for a walk or a hike. It’s also an excellent time for self-care.
Spa 131 Family,with your health in mind. . . At this time, I can no longer, in good conscious, remain open. We will not be accepting appointments until April 1st - Hopefully, we can return to business as usual by that time. I will be calling all who have appointments already scheduled to speak to you live and make a plan.
I care about your mental state and emotional wellbeing. I want to offer these simple tips to take care of yourself during uncertain times:
1) Remember that product you bought from me but haven’t been a faithful user? Get it out! Now is the time to treat yourself! If you’re not sure what to do, or how to use it, reach out to me and I will gladly help you. If you’re running low on products, I am happy to provide quick drive-up pick up. Let me know if you’re in need.
2) It’s normal to indulge in sweets and wine during stressful times. I’m giving you permission (like you need that!) Heck! I would join you if I could! If you do partake of any emotional eating, here’s a beauty hack . . . put your eye cream in the fridge Not only will it feel great, but you’ll say goodbye to puffy eyes!
3) Use Essential Oils to elevate your mood! There are so many delicious scents that can help elevate your spirit. I would bet you have several choices on hand, if not, they are an easy purchase. Lavender is a wonderful choice for relaxation. The rich and spicy aroma of cloves rosemary eucalyptus and cinnamon are said to help with immune support. Take a few minutes to read about other fragrances and combinations online. You’ll find plenty of information.
4) Take a hot bath and throw in some soothing salts to enjoy the benefits of improved sleep, breathing and detoxification.
5) Take break from watching, reading and listening to news stories INCLUDING Social Media! Hearing about the pandemic over and over is upsetting. Get caught up on your shows or - even better - connect with your friends and family. Consider an elderly individual you know. They would so appreciate you reaching out to them. You might never know just how much a call or post might be. In fact, you might be the only one to check on them.
6) If your skin is starting to show signs of stress - sit down for a few minutes with a cup of hot herbal tea. Shut your eyes and meditate on three things you are thankful for. Sounds simple, but can help you refocus for a while. Take deep, chest filling breaths through your nose, hold for a count of 6, then blow out through your mouth as if blowing out candles, giving yourself a healthy boost of Oxygen. Practicing a little yoga will get those muscles moving and improve your mood, too. Plenty of tutorials and classes on line for FREE
Really, during these trying times, be sure to make time for self-care, love and get outside. Enjoy some sunshine and get your daily dose of Vitamin D. It’s good for the brain, and thus, good for the soul!
If you have any questions, or just need an encouraging word, please reach out. While I may not be able to see you for a little bit, your wellbeing is important to me and I would love to help you in any way that I can.
131 State Street
West Columbia, SC 29169
P.S. Do me a favor - - - leave your brows and blemishes alone. Don’t pick your skin and moisturize like crazy - top to bottom - until we meet again. Remember that ice is your friend with breakouts
P.P.S. The fun chats we have in the spa don’t have to stop because we are social distancing. I know how stress can make us look and feel. Please reach out to me and let me know how I can support you. I am serious! Reach out any day - any time You know how to reach me. I’m all over Facebook at any rate
P.P.P.S. If you choose to be removed from our email base, please just let me know. I’ll be sad, but will promptly remove you, however, you know that I don’t send out very much email.
THE CURE Rejuvenation Ritual The final service is our list of Favorite Summer Menu Items is our most pampering. We call it THE...
Jessner Chemical Peel The Jessner Peel is one of the most effective light cosmetic peels available. Are you thinking about have a Je...
When Spa 131 is deemed safe to open, as mandated by Governor Henry McMaster